Everyone knew that Vitamin A was good for your eyes. Any vegetable, carrots for example, that was orange had a high dose of vitamin A and was eaten to help one’s eyes stay healthy. But that is not the only duty of this vitamin. It is also a powerhouse in the anti-ageing process and is used to make your skin look and feel better.
What Is Granactive Retinoid?
This is the brand name for one version of the new generation of retinoids. The official name is hydroxypinacolone retinoate or HPR and that is the active ingredient for this product.
What this medication does is help you with your facial issues. Acne, wrinkles, blemishes are no match for this medication. Plus, it starts working right away. That makes it one of the faster workers in the retinoid family.
10% of the solution is HPR with the other 90% dimethyl isosorbide, which is a solvent. This combination seems to help people clear up their skin issues quickly and start looking younger.
What is Retinol?
As you know, Retinol is a derivative of Vitamin A and is designed to work slowly and carefully. It takes up to 180 days to see good results but then you do not get any side effects with this over-the-counter medication.
It is safe for almost any age group and skin type to use, and you can use it on a daily basis. The medication is easy to apply and will work with some other similar products to give your anti-ageing fight a one-two punch.
One of its tasks is to speed up skin cell regeneration which also helps you look younger.
How Are They Different?
One difference is that Granactive Retinoid is not as irritating as Retinol, which is quite a feat since Retinol is very mild and safe to use. Then Retinol needs enzymes to change it into a retinoic acid whereas Granactive Retinoid is already that acid.
That is why the latter of the two works faster than Retinol does. Retinol is the slower of the two medications and you do have to be patient with it as it takes a long time to see results.
Also, Granactive Retinoid is more stable than Retinol helping it to last longer and work better.
How are they Similar?
While the name may be more complicated to say and understand, Granactive Retinoid, or HPR, does basically the same tasks that Retinol does. Only faster and with less irritation.
Those duties include plumping up the skin, making the skin firmer, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and helping your skin look younger. They also can work on acne but that is not their strong suit.
This is not to mention their work on helping your body speed up the skin cell replacement process. That work helps you take the years off and no one should be able to guess your real age.
What’s Better About Granactive Retinoid?
This is a stronger formula than Retinol which is why it will work faster. It will also tackle serious face issues as it is more powerful. That work is done quicker than Retinol can work which is a bonus for you.
Also, this medication is supposed to be less irritating than its competitor and that is because it does not need any enzymes to change its chemical properties. It has been mentioned but it seems that you do not need a prescription for this formula.
What’s Better About Retinol?
It is a safer product for most age groups and skin types. While it is said to be more irritating than HPR that irritation is minor. Retinol does not seem to have any real side effects and it is very safe to use, even for young girls and boys.
This product is an over-the-counter medication that is available just about anywhere at a reasonable cost. Plus, it is easy to use. You just have to be a bit patient as the medication is not a fast worker but takes its time to make sure your healing process is done right.
Who Should Get Granactive Retinoid?
While not an overnight medical miracle cure, it is for those women and men who have tougher facial issues to resolve. The medication works fast so that those groups can get relief a lot faster than if they used Retinol or similar products.
While it is milder, it may not be best for all skin types. Check with your doctor to make sure.
Who Should Get Retinol?
This is not a medication for those groups who have serious acne issues or facial skin problems. This is a mild medication that works slowly. Thus, it is perfect for those people who only have mild or minor facial problems to look after.
|Part of the Retinoid family||Yes||Yes|
|Strength||More powerful than Retinol||One of the weaker members of the retinoid family|
|Fast-acting||Yes||No, up to 180 days before results begin to show|
|Safe to use||Yes, milder than Retinol||Yes, no side effects|
|Cost||Can be more expensive than Retinol||Affordable|