Breaking Out of the Comfort Zone
It is an easy thing to get into. Wearing the same eyeliner day after day. But sometimes you need to step out of that comfort zone and see what you can look like when you try something bold and new.
One of the ways to get out of the beauty rut is to put down those black and blue eyeliner pencils and pick a red one up. To use a red eyeliner properly, just continue reading. You will get the information you need to help you get out of that beauty rut.
How to Wear Red Eyeliner
The first thing you need to know is that red is for everyone. The color can complement your eye color or contrast it in such a way that your eyes look bigger and better. Here are some tips on how to use red eyeliner effectively:
1. Use Mascara- You do not want to scrimp on your mascara use. But you do not want to overdo it. You want enough mascara to make sure the red is balanced. Red is a powerful color which means any other color should be applied in lighter ways to make sure you highlight the red.
2. Don’t Mix and Match- Instead of using a variety of different colors to highlight your facial features, use one color type throughout your make up routine. The key to this is to use different shades of red and not to be as bright as your eyeliner.
Then make sure you use the right shades of red eyeliner, so you do not appear to be sick.
3. Avoid the Waterline- It may look good in fashion photos and may provide you with a nice exotic look but wearing red eyeliner on the waterline is not a smart move. In real life, that application can irritate your eyes or cause an infection.
Protect your eye health and make sure to wear red eyeliner in the correct spots around your eyes.
Red Eyeliner Tips
If you are not sure how to use red eyeliner, the following tips should provide you with some inspiration or at least a place to start. Doing a little experimenting first is always a good thing to do before you try the look out in public. Looking like a clown only works for the circus.
1. Make a fashion statement with a cat-eye look using red accents. Use a minimal look by adding clean lines to the design.
2. To stay chic and stay trendy, make sure to apply red eyeliner to the top and bottom lash lines. Then pair it with a soft-colored eye shadow to make your eyes really pop.
3. Using deeper more muted red colors allows you to be more creative in your overall look. Then smudge the darker red eyeliner to create that smokey look you prefer and admire.
4. To intensify your overall look, pair the red eyeliner with a red-colored mascara. Just do not overdo it though.
5. When you want glistening eyes with every blink you take, add a little metallic to the red eyeliner. That will have your eyes shining and gives you that party pretty look for any festive occasion
6. To get that stunning sheer watercolor look, just blend the red eyeliner in with the eye shadow you use. It takes a light touch and a light application to make sure you get that airy look that women prefer
7. In order to achieve a patent leather shine to your eyes, use a candy apple eyeliner combined with a little eye gloss. This combination should attract attention to your eyes.
8. Dark eyes are no problem when it comes to using red eyeliners. You just have to use the right shade of red to get that bright red look. Usually, those eyeliners with a warm orange undertone will work the best
9. Red eyeliners do not have to be the dominant part of your make up look. You can blend it with a nice cool blue eye shadow to create an interesting look for your eyes.
10. Burgundy eyeliner works for all skin types and can replace that black color easily. It also works well with bold lip gloss or lipstick colors.
Some Final Words
Using red eyeliner to highlight your eyes takes a little courage. Not everyone is doing it at this time but when applied right, the attention will be on your eyes. Try a few different shades to see which one works best for your skin type and tone.
It is possible to mix and match a little bit if the colors do not clash with each other or your eye color.