The Eyes Have It
Eyes are very flexible. A woman can make her eyes look bigger, bolder, or more dramatic. They can also create that puppy dog look that so many men melt at seeing. All it takes is the right eyeliner to create the effect you want.
The top eyeliners will also work for those women who have dry eyes. Sometimes cheaper eyeliners will dry out contact lenses or cause eye irritation. The good news is that there are alternatives you can use that will help you avoid those situations.
To find out more about these products and other key information, just continue to read our article. It has what you need to know about the best eyeliner for dry eyes.
How to Use Eyeliner When You Have Sensitive Eyes
Not every woman can wear just about any eyeliner. There are some females that do get allergic reactions when they put on different eyeliners. The reason they have an allergic reaction is that the eyelids are very thin and sensitive.
Applying the wrong product to your eyelids can trigger an allergic reaction. When that reaction takes place, some women cannot generate enough tears to wash away the allergens.
Your body also generates a cell called a mast cell to help fight off the allergens. This is a process you can avoid. If you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes, simply avoid placing any eyeliner on the waterline. Then look for products that are made for sensitive eyes or contact wearers.
What to Look for When Shopping for the Best Eyeliner
There are some key characteristics you should use as a guide when you go shopping for this product. These characteristics help guide you to the best one for you to use. Of course, there may be more than one best one, so do not eliminate them all when you go shopping.
1. Color– You can pick the color that you prefer, or you can pick a color that goes best with your natural eye color. Also, the purpose you need the eyeliner for will help guide you to the right color to pick.
2. Thickness– Different eyeliner varieties apply differently. Liquid options can go on nice and thin while felt-tip varieties can go on very thick. Pencil versions give you the most options as those can go on thick or thin and so on. Pick one that gives you the style of lines you want.
3. Waterproof Protection– These options do not smudge or flake and that means you can wear them all day without worry. If your eyes water a lot, then this is the option to go with.
4. Return Policy– Make sure you can return the product easily if it does not work out for you.
5. Application– If you don’t have a steady hand and you are new to applying eyeliner, then go with a pencil option. They are the easiest to apply.
Pick A Brand Name
The brand name is always going to be important when it comes to make-up. The top brands may cost a bit more, but their products are usually made from the best ingredients. They also go on easier and smoother.
Here are some brand names to put you on the right track for finding the best eyeliner for dry eyes:
1. Physicians Formula 2-In-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner
- Easy To Apply
- Smudge And Waterproof
- Long Felt Tip
- You need to shake the bottle often to get even eyeliner out of it
- May come out in globs if you do not mix thoroughly making you redo your eye make-up
2. Milk Makeup Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
- Cruelty, gluten-free and vegan
- Has avocado oil and hyaluronic acid
- Sephora clean beauty seal
- Contains a shaping and smudging end
- Can be itchy if used on the waterline
- May transfer to clothing as you work or play
3. Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner
- Comes in many different color shades
- Smudge resistant formula
- True to color
- Easy to apply & remove
- Only comes in small sizes
4. Charlotte Tilbury Eye Liner – Walk of No Shame Collection
- Safe to use on the waterline
- Smudge-proof formula
- Cruelty & gluten-free
- Good color pigmentation
- Does not come in black
5. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Liquid Eyeliner
- Easy to use and good for novices
- Smooth application
- Easy to remove
- Comes in 3 different shades
- Not good for oily eyes
- Dries out quickly
- Not waterproof
Some Final Words
You can wear eyeliner when you have dry eyes. You just need to pick the right brand and style of this product to make sure it is safe to use.